Tuesday, April 21, 2009

   One of the most cerebral parts of the painting mosaic is knowing when to put down the brush. A twist on this theme is reworking a painting that maybe was put down and forgotten or you just want to use the canvas and rework the image. 
   There is a history there. There are reasons why you chose the image and what colors you used to bring this first canvas to life. It feels good to take a seat and stare at the old work before you begin the new. It is a reminder of what was happening in your life at that time. It is a way of having your own private "shrink" session between you and it. There is always a gold mine of material in every work.
   I rarely do this but for some reason I am reworking two canvases from the nineties that I rediscovered and saw a new life for both of them.
   It is about 5:10 am and I just finished a three and a half hour session. I have always painted at night. It is my favorite time to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment